Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stop. Evaluate. Resume life.

Some people say I'm entitled, while others just say that I have all the luck in the world. Small amounts of luck aside, here's the truth: I get what I want because I'm not afraid to go after it. There has to come a point in your life when you realize that this is it. This the only shot you have at life and living and all that jazz. Step up to the plate and do things you want because you won't have another chance. Sure, you may instantly regret losing an additional 3 hours of sleep because you chose to venture into DC for a girls' night out, but don't let that stop you. It's cliché, but it's true. 5 years from now, you aren't going to remember how sleep deprived you were, but I guarantee that you will remember having an awesome time.

So what should you take from this? Nothing. Everything. Don't be afraid to take steps in your life in order to get what you want and where you want to be. Want to throw a party? Do it. Afraid that no one will show up? Who cares because the people that really matter will be there. The greatest adventures and memories often stem from things going horribly wrong. Cute boy across the room? Make a move and say something interesting to him first. Afraid of rejection? His loss, plain and simple. Ask and you may receive, don't ask and you won't even have a chance.


P.S. You're not allowed to use the fact that I said I have small amounts of luck as an excuse. Everyone has luck, you make it yourself. As for believing in destiny? Don't do it. I live by the idea that my girl Blair Waldorf so eloquently stated, "Destiny is for losers. It's just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment